Thursday 10 November 2011

Learning to Stitch

I love baking and feel very domesticated when I'm surrounded with mixers, eggs and flour, but I decided it was about time I developed a catalogue of domestic goddess style skills.

The last time I sat at a sewing machine was in a home economics class at high school. I recall being very proud of my peg bag at the time, but the time has come to extend my stitching repertoire and get back in front of the machine. If only I could remember how to load the bobbin! 

Plus I have a lovely Cath Kidston 'Sew' book that's been gathering dust on my book shelf since last Christmas which is crammed full of craft projects I have been itching to make.

But first the basics...


Cutting the fabric samples

Practice 'straight' stitches....


French Seams (used in lingerie) 




No comments:

Post a Comment